WHAT IS OASIS?
OASIS stands for OLYMPIAD OF ACTUARIAL SCIENCE FOR INDIAN STUDENTS organized by the Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI), statutory body under an Act of Parliament. It is the first Actuarial Science Olympiad. OASIS will test the theoretical concepts and practical applications to develop critical thinking capabilities among students. OASIS also aims to develop Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) amongst students. Statistics, Data Science, Commercial Mathematics, Calculus and Modelling are some critical topics covered in OASIS.
WHY PARTICIPATE IN OASIS?
• Encourage and enable statistical and mathematical thinking
• Foster problem solving and decision making
• Focus on Conceptual Learning
• Exciting cash prizes for Pre OASIS& OASIS
• IAI membership & scholarship for OASIS students
VISION BEHIND OASIS
OASIS is one of the paramount initiatives of IAI 2.0. To reach out to the generation Z, to empower generation Z to take informed decision about their career, to attract bright minds to the profession, IAI Council decided has decided to launch this Actuarial Science Olympiad.
OASIS is designed to test the theoretical concepts and practical applications of Commercial Mathematic, Calculus, Statistics, Modelling and Data Science taught to the students from Class 9 to Class 12. It aims to develop critical thinking capabilities and Higher Order Analytical Skills. It will be divided into two phases- Pre- OASIS Examination for students from Class 9 &10 & OASIS Examination for students of Class 11& 12
OASIS is the gateway to plethora of opportunities for learning & growing in fields like Insurance, Banking, Finance, Energy, Environment & Social Science, Risk Management and Corporate Risk Governance to name a few.
I would like to open this doorway for Generation Z & welcome you all to participate in our Olympiad & explore the possibilities of the world of Actuarial Science. Shri Subhendu Bal Past President, Institute of Actuaries of India.
* Students who clear Level 1 get to attend level 2 FREE OF COST
* Free: 2 Mock tests, Access to Live sessions
* STUDENTS WHO APPEARED FOR THEIR 12TH BOARD EXAMS THIS YEAR CAN ALSO WRITE OASIS.
* Terms and conditions apply for Awards